bookclub saturday 24th
bookclub saturday 24th (By Rashdah) (Thanked: 3 times)
HI guys, don't worry I have read everything you guys have suggested in the other myview, I will deal with them Inshallah today.
I am putting this up here for two reasons:
1. please try and use the bookclub page for bookclub purposes
2. for this week can you please read chapters 8-20 please let me know if that is too much for anyone!
also I am putting this same page up in the bookclub section so try and put your replies there instead of here.
Observer, a reply to one of your questions is, we will make a separate my view page introducing us all!
ALSO PLEASE READ THE UPDATE THAT I HAVE DONE UNDER PRIDE AND PREJUDICE
chapter analysis (By Rashdah) (Thanked: 3 times)
after much thinking, I have thought of an idea which I'm hoping appeals to everyone.
do you guys think it would be better if we studied the 12 chapters and then discussed on chapter by chapter basis, so that the discussion and questions can be based on that chapter i.e. chapter 8 and then we go on to the next chapter? actually now it sounds to complicated but nonetheless please qive me your views.
the only reason i'm thinking like this is because then everyone gets to ask and answer, however if you want something similar to what i have done in the myview pride and prejudice 17 dec update, then it would have to be questions rather than chapters!
BOOK CLUB MEET (By Observer) (Thanked: 2 times)
At the outset, these are a few comments from me, my dearest, (just came home after a gruelling day and have not had much time to think, sorry) :
1. Firstly, MY HATS OFF TO YOU for the compilation you did of our maiden meeting. Rashdah, let me tell you my feeling, I DO NOT THINK YOU SHOULD WORK THAT HARD, IT IS TOO MUCH AND TOO TIME CONSUMING AND A CRIME FOR ALL OF US TO GET YOU TO DO IT. I think labelling that Bookclub page and leaving it for people to follow the natural flow of conversation is good enough. It is too tedious, it will take too much of the very little time that you have among all your activities. If you ask me, PLEASE DON'T DO THAT FROM NOW ON. But then you are the leader and it is up to you.
2. But it would be a great help to have all the comments in a bunch, without having to click the "Display more views" button repeatedly and the Admin is happy to do away with it for our Book Club if you (being our SPOC) make the request.
3. Yes, having a meeting on the 24th could be a deterrant to some, so I suggest that we do not have our meet this 24th. But if you do go ahead with it, I will not have a problem in attending it.
4. A page for introduction (by members who are willing to post details) is a good idea and I welcome it. I think it will help to perform and enjoy better as a team.
5. Chapters 8-20 is fine by me. Chapterwise or otherwise, it does not make too much of a difference to me, but personally, I would prefer random questions and discussions than Chapterwise as the chapters are small and some do not have much to discuss in isolation, but a lot to discuss on the whole. The decision is yours.
6. As for the time Rashdah, if you can match our time with yours when you are in touch with us at a point, will help you to gauge the difference. Like it is 7:42PM in India right now (India, in spite of being so vast, still has the same time for all parts of the country, as of now, which might change soon). The other good way is to check on the net of course.
Rashdah, PLEASE TAKE A BOW, YOU ARE A FABULOUS BOOK CLUB MODERATOR! I love you for being so hardworking and intelligent and for such a young girl, being so enterprising! Take a big hug from me and a loving, sisterly ((lest you start wondering about me!!), kiss!
reply to observer (By Rashdah) (Thanked: 4 times)
I have already noted down all the above points from the other my view.
Inshallah I shall have it sorted soon.
yes I had already decided its too much work to put that whole thing together and also too much stress trying to fit it in with other stuff.
I did wonder about the chapter to chapter thing, thing is I'm trying to work out how best to be organised, if we have the questions noted down a day before the meet there r still probs, some ppl don't have the question till the actual da